The Wisconsin Association of Fairs understands the impact that Bob Williams had on Wisconsin’s Fair Industry.He was more than just the Fairs Coordinator, he was a man with fair passion and had a huge impact on our members. With his passing in 2016, we wanted a way to honor his legacy so we created the “Bob Williams Fair Ag Grant”.We will award up to $1,000 in grants to Wisconsin Association of Fairs Member Fairs, in good standing, annually for the next five years.Funding for the grants are supported by the Bob Williams Scholarship his family set up as well as the Wisconsin Association of Fairs.
When Bob presented at our district meetings he often shared how great the fairs were promoting Wisconsin’s agriculture.He was especially proud of the Ag Adventure Tents the fairs had put together working with local commodities, service organizations, and volunteers.He believed it was more important than ever to make agriculture education to the fair patrons a priority and if you could do it in a fun, interactive way, that was even better!The Bob Williams Fair Grant should be used at fairs to promote Ag Education.
The Bob Williams Fair Grant Details:
- Total dollars available are $1,000 per year.
- Allocation of funds is at our discretion.
- Submitting a grant application does not guarantee grant funds will be awarded.
- Grant winners will be announced at the annual fair convention in January.
- Winners are not eligible to submit the following year.
- One entry per fair is accepted.
- Priority will be given to projects that will be completed for the upcoming fair season.
- Grants cannot be carried over.
- Grant recipients will be required to provide a display at the WAF Convention the following year showing how the grant was used including photos and a grant summary. WAF will provide half of a banquet table (4x4) for the display Sunday through Wednesday.
- Applications are limited to six pages or less, which includes the application and support documents such as visual, which are optional.
- Due date for the grant application is November 1, 2021.
- Please send all completed applications to WAF at firstname.lastname@example.org or Wisconsin Association of Fairs, 5320 County Road L, Merrill, WI 54452.